Wednesday 28 May 2014

What can you do for Him

Mark 14:8  She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.  What a beautiful scene this is... what love and grace was in the heart of that lady who brought an alabaster box of precious ointment to pour upon Jesus. 
And as the Holy Spirit brings thoughts to your mind about it today, I'd just like to add one thought from the above scripture:

"She hath done what she could."  Our Jesus commended her for doing what she could for Him ( which, by the way, was way more than even his disciples would end up doing in the end... they could have done much more for him?). Anyway...are we doing what we could do for our Jesus? Can our Lord say "he did what he could,"  or "she did what she could" , of you and me? That's something to stop and think about for a moment....
We can all do something for our Jesus this week... all of us. What do we have available to you to give to our Jesus? I'm sure that something similar to this was going through the mind of this special daughter of God that morning... " What can I do for my Jesus?"  What can I give to Him?"  And then the thought came to her... probably given by the Spirit of the Lord... " I have that ointment... I can pour that upon Him... he is worthy... and I appreciate him so much... I want to honor him" Something like that, right? And I just know how excited she must have been at the thought, and how thrilled she must have felt as she walked through the streets with her little box, anticipating giving it to Her Jesus! 
Friend, what is your alabaster box? What can you give to our Jesus this week ... to let Him know how much you love Him?  What can I give to our Jesus? Let's all think about that this morning? What do I have to give to Him today? And if we have that strong desire, just like she did, the Holy Spirit will bring something to mind... something we may not have even thought about... and then, what a blessing it will be as you give it to our Lord! It could even be time... or prayer... or praise. It could be an offering of thanksgiving... but let it be said of us all this day, no matter who may scoff at what we do... that " we did what we could" for our Jesus!

Father, we want to do what we can. What can we do for our Jesus today? Give us the spirit of the woman with the alabaster box. Help us to find an opportunity to do something for our Lord this very day! We want to show Him our love and appreciation for everything that He has done, and especially, for suffering and being crucified for our sins. Lord, what do we have to give to you, right now? Oh God, what can we do for our Jesus? May the Lord show us His way today,

No comments:

Post a Comment