Thursday 12 September 2013

Should I Quit?
Lysa TerKeurst
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 (NIV)
We all have those times we wish the voice of God would audibly speak so loudly there's no way we could miss it: "THIS IS THE DIRECTION I WANT YOU TO GO." Then we'd know whether to stay the course or head in a new direction.
Have you ever wished for this kind of certainty?
I have.
Most of us want to know what to do. Without that confidence, sometimes we stay in a place too long. But the greater loss happens in those times we quit too soon. Then, we can live with this nagging sense of "what if?" What if I'd persevered one more year, one more month, one more day?
Knowing when to stop and when to keep on keeping on is a crucial life lesson. One I want to learn well. Often, the more I struggle on my own, the less confident I am with the right next step. It's exhausting!
But the truth is, I don't need to be confused or tired. There is one central place I can go for direction and rest. In Matthew 11:28 Jesus encourages us, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
I used to get so frustrated with this verse because I thought, I..................................http://www.crosswalkmail.com/ggylynctlwldcmthdkqpjdsjcndmgqqmwrcjyyhgkgmktkc_akyhklksspby.html

No comments:

Post a Comment